Creating an image
You can create an new image using the following methods:
- Click the Ctrl + N ). (
- Click the button on the canvas tab.
- Click the icon on the Main tools.
After the New Image dialog is appeared, you do following:
The New Image dialog
- Enter the Name for your image.
- If you want to remain the ratio between width and height check the Keep Aspect Ratio checkbox.
- Type the Width and Height of the image or select it from the Size combobox.
- Click the button.
- Default values are auto generated based on previous settings, but you can change anything you want.
- If clipboard has a image, the width and height is automatically set to size of the clipboard image.
- Basically new image has a background layer. However if you set the background color to Transparent, new image will have an image layer without the background layer.